Rämö’s multi-staged history starts from the rural municipality of Äyräpää, where Jouko Rämö established the Vuosalmen Korjaus workshop in 1935. He had familiarised in iron already as a young boy at his father’s blacksmith workshop. Jouko inherited the workshop in the same way as his father, Ville, had done in the past.
At the time, diverse and modern machines were acquired for Vuosalmen Korjaus workshop from Machinery in Vyborg. Jouko’s brothers, Kalevi and Pentti, also got involved in operations. At the time, Vuosalmen Korjaus was the only workshop, and work was commissioned from several rural municipalities. The workshop’s equipment included e.g. a metal turning machine, a drilling machine, welding devices and other metal processing machines.